Fake Fashion Braces Make For Trendy Faces

I remember getting braces at 20 years old, hoping for a perfect set of pearly whites by the time my 21st birthday rolled around.  I felt too old for them even then, but I figured that it's best to get them over with - it'll never get easier!  I remember it like it was yesterday, because my orthodontist had a terrible surprise for me: he thought I had requested gold braces.  Maybe because rappers had just introduced the world to grills, or maybe because he had hoped to match my smile to my reddish-orange hair, I really don't know where the mistake was made.  I can laugh at it now, but at the time I couldn't get out of that office fast enough!  I was horrified!  

Everything worked out though, because braces didn't keep me from meeting my husband.  Even though I did everything I could to distract attention away from my teeth, he thought they were cute!  Had I only known that there would be a time (in my own lifetime!) that braces could actually be IN STYLE!

New beauty trend - fake braces
2013 opened up with a strange new trend straight from Asia, and it's a real head-scratcher:  fake braces! But seriously, would you really choose these notoriously undesirable accessories?  It's about time metal mouths became enviable.  (Having had them, I'm just not sure that I'll ever envy them.  EVER.) 
According to Cosmopolitan, "Braces are the next big thing - it's about time we stopped associating them with being un-snoggable!  In Indonesia, Thailand and China, braces are cool. Fashion braces are a hot new beauty trend symbolising wealth, status and style."
However, beauty can hurt!  Cosmo continues, "This totally professional dental accessory is moving toward DIY - now that's just stupid.  Real braces can already cause quite a bit of health risks from tooth decay to mouth sores, but fake braces can potentially lead to death.
"After two Thai girls died from infections caused by bad bracing, the government put up a ban on them, making them an even hotter commodity. It's now hit the black market and online through dodgy websites."
What do you think of this hard to believe beauty trend?




























Questions?  Ask us on our Facebook Page


Looking for the best spray tanning in Orange County for the Summer? Click HERE




Follow us on Twitter and  Pinterest and join the conversation -
Like us on Facebook to stay on top of Kona Tanning news and special Facebook friend promotions!  OrangeCountyAirbrushTanning.com   |  MobileTanningDirectory.com 

No comments:

Post a Comment